April 30, 2017

MAY GOALS

I think I need to make some progress this month. It seems like I've been getting no where with my craft or studies, and I'm just going through the motions of every day life. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I actually don't mind it, but I know that work is currently my number one priority when it really should be anything else. But compared to the few months before, my social life has had a (minor) blip on the radar. I went to a colleague's farewell dinner just two days ago, have another dinner planned next week, a seminar with a friend on the weekend and an art exhibition visit with the intern in two weeks. It's really all happening this month, on top of my absolutely full work schedule, of course. But I guess I also (kinda) miss the days where I would sit down and document my life (in pictures). On one hand, I'm still going strong with my daily journaling, but on the other, my memory keeping has dropped to none. So I think this month will need some changes that I will hopefully bring forward to the next (and last!) 6 months of 2017.

I'd like to go through last month's goals and how I faired with them, but let's be honest, looking back, I think I failed almost all categories, and that's just no fun. So let's skip ahead to May and all the potential it may bring:

  • READ: I've recently bought a number of books on fashion and memoirs from a number of sources, and I hate that I haven't been able to sit down, dig in and write some notes from it. My current reads are: Note to Self by Connor Franta (I love the visual images in it together with the diary style format the book has), The Curated Closet by Anuschka Rees and Love x Life x Style by Garance Dore. I like to take my time with these because they're the type of books you can start from any chapter and will still make sense
  • STUDY: To think that I don't even have a deadline for my study... but I guess that's why it's taken me so long to get started. I really need to get a start on this if I want to keep a non-stressful study timeline before the GAMSAT comes around again next year!
  • PHOTOGRAPHY: I've been lacking ... severely. I'm hoping that my upcoming social events will get me back into photographing, because I really do miss using a proper camera!
  • DOCUMENTATION: I admit, I've been lacking in my documentation skills recently - as said above. I've been stressing over what notebook t use (again) - passport / regular / MD / pocket / A5 ?? - but I decided that it was time to try out Passport size again. It worked really well for me previously, and I found it so hard to get back into Regular size. I still love the Regular MTN, but I need something that I can carry with me in my pocket when I'm on call or at work and write my thoughts in whenever they strike. I have a few hundred days of thoughts still buzzing in my head and they need to be unleashed onto a page.
  • EXERCISE: I'm actually absolutely disappointed in myself with how much I've lacked in my exercise recently. I'd like to blame the shortened days and longer work hours, but I know I can always sacrifice a little of my morning sleep if I really wanted. I'm hoping May will give me that motivation back
  • MONEY: I've been spending more of my money on clothes recently - weird, I know. Before you know it, I'll be spending it on make-up (gasp!). I guess it has got to do with my recent clothing cull of all the clothes I don't like and wouldn't wear again, but clothes are sucking my bank account dry (together with necessary medical appointments, and every day necessities). I'm slowly growing into a full adult and it's crazy! So I think it's time to start tightening the belt again when it comes to money (even though I know I'll be getting it all back with the amount of overtime shifts I'm doing this month!).
It's basically the same goals over again, but I guess it needs to be said in order for it to be done! Let's go, May!

1 comment:

  1. yeah. same goals but if we kept reminding ourselves again and again, we can try to achieve them

    ReplyDelete