December 24, 2014

This Week's Layout

I know I haven't been around lately, and so, here's a little post to get this blog up and running again. I haven't been purchasing new Filofaxes / Kikki K planners recently (and my wallet / bank account is thanking me right now), but I have purchased new Hobonichi covers (oops) and I'll be reviewing them soon. Either way, to show that I'm still alive, here's this week's Christmas themed pages:






I don't normally use too much decoration on my pages because firstly, it defeats the purpose of a planner. With so much going on in a page, you'll end up getting distracted from it all and well, you won't have any space to write down your list of things to do! So I try to keep it to a minimum. Now that I'm on holidays, I tend to use a tad bit more decorations as my schedule isn't too heavy, and so, I can afford the loss of space.

In this layout, I've used the following items:
1- MT pink and blue striped thin washi tape
2- Kikki K snowman and snowflakes washi tape
3- Mrs Brimble's cute reindeer, Christmas Wishes and owl stickers
4- Mitsubishi Uni Style Fit pens for writing
5- Watercolour paints for the baubles

And that's it! Nothing too fancy which you wouldn't be able to dig up in your own little stash. I hope this somewhat gives someone out there an idea of how to decorate your pages colourfully and yet, still keep those days free for your planning!

Hope everyone has some great holidays ahead!

2 comments:

  1. I love the little reindeer! Mrs. Brimbles has the cutest things, I swear!!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Christmas wishes dear! Have a Merry Christmas to you and your family too! :)

      Delete