I tend to always update my planner list during the first month of the new year (like I did last year). I guess we never know what we need and how we'll be using it until we're actually using it.We can plan on how we want to use them all we want, but in the end, it always comes down to practicality. But anyway, here's a look at the initial 2017 planner line up and their uses:
- JOURNALING - A6 Hobonichi: This is probably my third year trying Hobonichi out, and I hope the third time's a charm. Compared to the last two years, my use of Hobonichi has always been vague - not knowing exactly what I wanted to do with it, its use faltered and was soon thrown aside or sold away. In 2017, it's role is plain and simple: journaling. Nothing more, nothing less. The page size should be enough for my daily ramblings and the grid set up will help get my journaling done without worrying whether or not my lines are coming up straight.
- TO DO - Small Daily Moleskine: I was at first struggling to find a role for this baby. It was an impulse buy, thinking it would fit in the leather cover I bought in Toulouse, but I realised soon enough that I didn't actually have a notebook to replace my daily to do's that used to take place in an undated passport sized notebook. With it being a dated day-to-a-page, together with its small size, it will be perfect to write all my daily to-dos (without cramping), keep track of my activities and plan ahead if need be. Wonder why I never thought of this earlier!
- EXPENSES & WORK - Kate Spade Personal Planner: I must admit, I was all for using my new Kate Spade Planner (which hasn't even arrived yet!), but then I saw the Filofax Original Burnt Orange Personal size and my fingers are getting the itch to buy them online! Either way, Kate Spade or Filofax, as this will be a ring planner, I'm sure other subjects will be added in once I discover them. But for now, both my work hours and expenses will be kept in this planner to help keep track of my life.
- VISION PLANNER - Bloom Daily Planner: I won't be surprised if my usage of this falls off eventually. With it being a Vision planner, I know, can be taken in two ways: the literal and the metaphorical sense. As the planner is laid out like an Erin Condren / Happy Planner, it's perfect for me to make planning pretty again by using sticky notes, washi tape and the such. It will basically be the 'hobby' planner. A place to let loose, try out new materials and document my days. It won't be done on the go, with spreads created every weekend (or so I hope). This planner will also be used as the 'Vision' planner it's intended to be - setting out goals for the month, reviewing them at the end, etc. although this will be a minor part of the planner.
- DAILY DOCUMENTATION / NOTES - MTN: Lucky last, my Midori Traveler's Notebook. It currently holds my week on one page (with grid on the other). Unlike before, I'm going to keep this diary loose. I used to decorate and put so much pressure on the spreads that it ended up being a weekend project (that eventually fell behind). I'm going to use this on-the-go and forget about trying to make things pretty. This will be my thought process (and hence, 'messy') area
- JOURNALING - A6 Hobonichi: I'm proud to say that this is still going strong (for now). Lol. And I must admit, I don't know why I've never done this before. The size is perfect, and I'm able to scribble down my thoughts in one place, in depth, compared to the 45890345 notebooks I used last year.
- EXPENSES, WORK, GTD - Gillio Compagna Medium Planner: At first, I was focusing on just keeping this strictly work related. But as I was using the 2017 Kate Spade inserts, there were just too much blank spaces hanging around going to waste. So in my to-do list went under each corresponding day, and when the space is not enough, a blank note page will be inserted in between my weekly spread.
- DAILY DOCUMENTATION - MTN: My MTN is still doing its good ol' job of daily documentation, but as I was so focused on my personal planner, I kinda left this behind for a while. But never fear, I'm back into the MTN groove, and can't wait to be documenting in it again.
- MEMORY KEEPING - KAISERCRAFT: I realised that I didn't actually have a memory keeping book around (blasphemy!), but since I was gifted a Kaisercraft planner (which you can check out the review here), I thought that this would be a perfect size and area to do so!
And there you have it. There might be changes again in the near future, but let's hope this sticks!