January 8, 2016

2016 PLANNERS: UPDATED


Compared to last year, I think my 2016 stack has needed an update faster than I thought it would be required. Don't get me wrong though, most has stayed, some has replaced others, while others have just changed roles. Hopefully this new list should be the final edit for the rest of the year:

1- Midori Traveler's Notebook - Bullet Journal & Scrapbooking:
I take back what I said in my previous post here about being able to keep up with both a planner and a Bullet Journal for my to-do list. Truth is, there really wasn't any point having the same thing written twice. Not to mention, the writing area was just too small in my Personal Planner to incorporate all of the items I needed to do that has been written in my MTN. So that has in fact been scrapped of the list. My MTN now holds everything I need to do for the day in one booklet.

My MTN holds a separate Kraft notebook as well for my creative outlet. I must admit, I miss putting my photos in my MTN. It's funny, every time I use my MTN, I'm always wishing for more space to work with, but now that I have my A5 Hobonichi, I have no idea what to with all that space! So my MTN now has a booklet for documenting some special moments.

2- A5 Kikki K Planner - Journaling:
Despite the fact that my A5 Hobonichi is now able to document lengthy journal entries, I miss having an outlet for an overall summary that highlights the important points of the day in a few sentences. This used to happen in my weekly Midori booklet and because I was so used to having it around, this has transferred on to my A5 Kikki K planner. And because it's A5 sized, I have that little bit more room to document compared to last year's Midori. Not to mention, I'm thoroughly happy that I've finally found a use for my A5.

3- Personal Malden Planner - Work:
I'm hoping and hoping that I'll be getting a job this year... soon, because my personal Malden is getting lonely and it has been allocated the role of work hours. It's probably too big for that but at least it's going to get used for something! It still holds my expenses, and notes about all kinds of things though.

4- A5 Hobonichi - Scrapbook Art Journal:
I was hoping to use this as an every day scrapbook journal like my daily MTN used to be, but because of the abundant space it has, and me being absolutely lost in knowing how to use that space, it has converted itself into an art journal scrapbook. And I'm thrilled by that. I love the paper the Hobonichi has. Despite it being super thin, thinner than the regular 80GSM printer paper, it is much much stronger than it in terms of crinkling. I'm planning to dedicate a whole post to the paper used in the Hobonichi so I'll keep it short here.

5- Standard Memorandum - Sentence A Day:
A tiny book slimmer than a passport Midori, this is going to be my sentence a day highlighting the main event. This was probably (definitely) an impulse buy but this stays in the zippered pocket of my MTN and will be useful for dated planning

6- Kikki K Sentence a Day:
I managed to get my friend into doing one of these (can you tell I'm proud about that?) and even she was impressed that I managed to get one year done with it already. It is now one of the list of things I do daily and its activity is tracked in my Bullet Journal so I don't forget

7- Project Life (6 x 12"):
Not exactly a planner, I know, but this needed to be included in the list due to its weekly demand. I managed to do one spread already and love the format so far. Because it's 6x12", it doesn't require too many pictures (which I know I probably won't have) for a full spread. Not to mention, the minimalist design is making the creation of a spread easier (and much more fun) than I expected. I definitely should have started it sooner!

So this is my updated list that I go through currently. I know some of you may be wondering how I keep up with all these but truth be told, I don't. Not all, at least. However, right now, I am in this weird phase of my life where I've just finished uni and am in search of jobs, making me have ample time to keep up with all of it at once. When I get busy, or when I'm lazy on some days, I tend to do things in batches. For example:
1- My MTN is my every day go to journal because it is basically my to-do list. It is the master of all planners and notebooks. It keeps track of everything, so it's a no brainer when I say that this never gets left behind or not updated for days on end. I write in it whenever, every day. and so takes no effort to keep up with.
2- My Hobonichi gets updated in batches - two days at a time usually, so I can dedicate some time to writing up my entries
3- My A5 Kikki K planner gets updated nightly. It serves as the basis for my Hobonichi if I forget what happens on a particular day. It doesn't take long to write in it, so it's a definite habit for me to write in it every night.
4- The personal Malden planner is currently not in use (until I get a job), so apart from any expenses I need to write down, it's pretty dormant.
5- The Standard Memorandum gets updated whenever I feel like it. There is no set time
6- The Kikki K Sentence a Day is another nightly routine that gets done once I've finished my A5 Kikki K entry. Doesn't take too long, after all
7- As my Project Life gets updated weekly (or whenever I get the photos printed), I am able to do it whenever I want, on whatever day. I just have to make sure I keep up with it because once you fall behind, that's when everything crumbles!

So overall, if you think about it, all these planners don't really take up much time. Put aside half an hour each day and you'll be able to document your life without any problems!

1 comment: