January 19, 2016

BULLET JOURNAL PART III

It's been a while since I've given an updated view of my Bullet Journal, so I thought I'd give an overview of how my 2016 Bullet Journal has been set up. I know it's probably a little late seeing we're already half way through January, but it may give you some ideas on how to set up February.

We start first with the title page:


I made it relatively simple using stamps and alpha stickers. The stamps were from Studio Calico and numbers were from Kaisercraft.

The next two pages was a January calendar I did myself and a January monthly overview. I know I could've written the events in the calendar, but I think it would just look too messy. I'll probably scrap the calendar for next month as I barely use / look at it. The monthly overview details what happened / is about to happen on each day.


The next two spreads are my January tracker list and my goals list:


I particularly love the habits tracker list as it keeps me on top of the things I need to do for each day and prevents me from writing it down in my daily to do lists each time. Although, if I do fall back behind too much, I do write it on my daily list to remind myself further!

Now we come to my spreads: because my Bullet Journal spreads aren't organised into any particular week, I'll just call them Spread 1, Spread 2 etc. This would be Spread 1, which marks the beginning of the new year:


This first spread was relatively simple. I barely added any decorations to it, other than my tasks. I of course, found it a little too boring, so I jazzed it up from next week onwards.

Spread 2 was inspired by coffee mug stains:


It was relatively simple to do. I didn't actually use coffee for the stains as they aren't exactly fadeproof etc, so I used brown watercolour paint. Use any mug / cup and paint watercolour on the base of the cup. When it's nicely coated with brown paint, plonk it down onto your page and you've created a nice little coffee cup stain. Easy peasy. The coffee stamp was from Sweet Stampshop and the gold glitter alphas are from Heidi Swapp.

Spread 3 was decorated using Kaisercraft stamps, and washi:


Spread 4 takes on a more tropical green theme and I think it has to be one of my favourites so far:


The leaves stamps are from Studio Calico while the 'happy' phrase from Kaisercraft. I love the calming nature of this spread and it was so simple and quick to put together.

The last spread which takes us up to this week was inspired by my watercolour musings. I've been obsessed with watercolour recently so I had to move it into my Bullet Journal spread:


Apart from all my daily tasking, I've been lusting over Midori spreads seen on Instagram currently as I do miss the size of it all. I don't want to start a new booklet because keeping it in my current MTN cover makes it just too fat for comfort, so I thought: why not just incorporate it into my Bullet Journal? I woudn't do it together with my daily tasks, but I'm planning to do a weekly overview (kinda like my weekly Project Life spread) in a facing spread to summarise the week. This way, I'll be able to keep my pretty pictures and my tasks all in one. Brilliant.

I hope you enjoyed this post!
Till the the next Bullet Journal post!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy this post! Thank you so much for all the informations and great pictures! I've just started my Bullet Journal and you gave so much ideas!
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I'm glad you found this post informative! Check out Boho Berry's blog too and you may find more ideas. Good luck with your Bullet Journal!
      Nadia :)

      Delete